With over 25 square miles, and a population of about 51,000, you’ll find Cuyahoga Falls, just north of Akron in Summit County. This beautiful, family-friendly area has 26 neighborhood parks, and plenty of activities, including a Golf Club, Sports Center, and Aquatic Center. Take a drive northwest to see Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
How Cuyahoga Weather
Affects Your Home’s Exterior
Stow residents are fortunate to enjoy Northern Ohio’s mild, comfortable summers, but rainfall, and cold, snowy winters can be hard on your residential gutters, roofing, and siding. If you need gutter installation, vinyl siding repair, or new asphalt shingle roofing, you can trust your home exterior needs to the experts at Conley Exteriors. Call us today!
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
A Bit of History
Cuyahoga Falls was founded in 1812 by William Wetmore and named for the Cuyahoga River and its waterfalls that provide power to the area. In 1826, the village migrated downstream for better power, and the “old village” was eventually destroyed by flood. The town was incorporated in 1836, and in 1985, merged with Northampton Township, the first merger of this kind in Ohio.
Familiar Hometown Names
- Jim Ballard – American, Canadian, and Arena Football League quarterback (1994-2003); Winner of the Gagliardi Trophy (1993) and Melberger Award (1993)
- Kyle Craven – after his friend uploaded Kyle’s goofy high school photo to Reddit, “Bad Luck Brian” became an internet meme. Craven has been featured in Volkswagen and McDonald’s ads
- Jane “Jake” Jacobs (Badini) – pitcher for the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (1944-1947) with the Racine Belles, and Peoria Redwings; part of the “Women in Baseball – AAGPBL Permanent Display” at the Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum
- John Jacobs – founder of The Power Team (a group that mixes preaching with martial arts) in the 1970s; shows were broadcast on TBN; Jacobs and the Power Team appeared on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger
- Jim Jarmusch – film director, screenwriter, and composer. Films include Stranger Than Paradise, Down by Law, Dead Man, Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, and many more. He has composed music for his own films.
- Bob Lewis – musician, composer, and poet, co-founder (with Gerald Casale) of the 80s band Devo. Graduated from Kent State shortly after the Kent State University shootings in 1970, and was the first to graduate with a major in anthropology
- Frank Stams – played on the University of Notre Dame 1988 National Championship team; NFL linebacker (1989–1995)
- Mike Vrabel – NFL football player (1997–2010); head coach for the Tennessee Titans since 2018. 3x Superbowl Champion; 2021 NFL Coach of the Year
Experts You Can Trust!
Conley Exteriors are the experts for all your home exterior needs. From gutters, to roofs, siding and more, we are ready to get the job done right. We are locally-owned and operated, based in Mogadore, Ohio, with satisfied customers Portage, Stark, and Summit Counties. Call Conley Exteriors today!