Drive about 5 miles northeast of Akron in Summit County, and you’ll find Tallmadge, a family-friendly community plenty to do. Visit beautiful parks, like the 500-acre Munroe Falls Metro Park with ponds, walking trails, and sports fields, and the 400-acre Goodyear Heights Metro Park with fishing, hiking, picnicking, and wildlife.
How Tallmadge Weather
Affects Your Home’s Exterior
Weather in Tallmadge is actually fairly pleasant in the summer months, but does get a decent amount of rain, snow, and cold temperatures in the wintertime. These extreme temps can be hard on your home’s roofing, gutters, and siding. At Conley Exteriors, we can help with all your gutter needs, from cleaning to repair, and ask our experts about gutter guard! Call us for an estimate today.
A Bit of History
Tallmadge is Ohio’s 2nd oldest city, named after Benjamin Tallmadge, a Revolutionary War figure, and land owner. Founded in 1807, A square road was placed where several roads meet, creating what is known as “The Circle.” As a landmark, The Circle is at the center of town, and located inside the circle are the Historic Church, Old Town Hall, and Circle Park.
Familiar Hometown Names
- Mike Bettes – storm-chaser and meteorologist for The Weather Channel; he hosts Weather Underground TV and does occasional weather anchor fill-in on The Today Show; married to Allison Chinchar, a freelance meteorologist for CNN.
- Clara Driscoll – one of “the Tiffany Girls” in Tiffany Studios Women’s Glass Cutting Department in New York City. Driscoll designed and cut glass for the famous lamps, and designed more than 30, including the Daffodil, Dragonfly, Peony, and Wisteria.
- Sidney Edgerton – (b.1818-d.1900) Ohio lawyer who served in the Civil War, and Congress at the same time. In 1863, Abraham Lincoln appointed him 1st Chief Justice of Idaho. Edgerton suggested separating the territory into Idaho, Montana, and Dakota territories, and he was appointed 1st Governor of Montana in 1864. From 1865-1900 he practiced law in Akron, and is buried in Tallmadge.
- John Parry – NFL Referee (2000-2018 – Referee #132); Superbowl Referee in 2012 & 2019; now a TV Sports Analyst; lives in Tallmadge.
- Dave Ziegler – professional football executive since 2010, with teams including the Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, and Las Vegas Raiders. He is a Tallmadge native, and played football while in college at John Carroll University.
Experts You Can Trust
Trust Conley Exteriors for all your home and commercial exterior needs. We are the experts in Asphalt Shingle Roofing, Gutter Installation and Repair, Vinyl Siding Installation and Repair, and more. Serving Summit, Stark, and Portage Counties, call Conley Exteriors today!